Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Earrings!



 Okay…if you’re anything like me, your jewelry box is, well, not the most organized part of your life. For me, this is a daily frustration. As you can see by the looks of mine, jewelry items are easily misplaced and half the time forgotten! I’ll pull out a pair of earrings I haven’t seen in about 6 months and be ecstatic because I forgot that pair even existed! Something needed to happen. I don’t really have money to go out and buy a nice jewelry box to help organize myself, so I decided to create my own little earring hanger. 


 





My supplies: ribbon, paper clips, scissors, and a little tape (not pictured...I forgot)









 How it’s done:
First, I cut my ribbon slightly longer than the width of my dresser mirror, so I could hang it and have it slightly drape.


Next, I took 15 or so paper clips and slightly bent the outer ring so I could stick it through the ribbon. I placed them at intervals of about 1-1/2 inches apart from each other.

 

Finally, time to rediscover all those beautiful pairs of earrings lost in the abyss of my jewelry box! Hang each pair on a paper clips, and vwah-la! Done! My own earring organizer, built for under $2. 



1 comment: